I found out that in a couple of weeks the orthodontist is removing the RPE so I’ll sound like an adult again instead of a person with a broken jaw and a wet sock in his mouth. Six months in, my teeth are basically straight, they didn’t have a long way to go, but I have a terrible fear that when the braces come off I’m going to look like this. At least more than I already do.
A white rich suburban mom called me a dropout and told her very young daughter (who made the comment I was working very hard) this is where she’d end up if she didn’t do well in school
I graduated top 10 from both high school and college to hear the dropout speech from a white suburban mom
It’s like a right of passage for working in service and retail jobs
Finally I am a true waitress
The AMERICAN WAITRESS
There is no one with less respect for service workers than the rich white suburban mom. They always have this shitty attitude and treat you like a literal slave. I have never had any other kind of person ask to see the manager.
When I had a service oriented job, I felt like I was regularly shat upon by people of all races, socioeconomic statuses, genders, nationalities, whatever. There’s something racist white people say to justify themselves - “working in service will make you racist” - and I wonder if these people have met white women. Not all of them, I hate generalizations, but any interaction I had with a white woman had the highest odds of becoming a confrontation. I can’t deny that those odds would increase with the retail price of the car I saw them drive up in, but I must stress that the wealth wasn’t the only qualification for the sense of entitlement I experienced from them. There were white women I purposely avoided.
Yes offense, just saying, but I have gotten better deals digging through my own feces and I already know what’s in there. I could have forgiven them if they at least had the presence and foresight to change every link to this. But as it stood, going to Amazon.com for an entire day was like walking into the worst Big Lots in town on a Saturday at 2pm and I could literally hear the screaming babies in the background while their mothers talked on their phones and ignored them but occasionally screamed at them and slapped them. I could hear all of that on Amazon.com as I carefully skirted entire mountain ranges of garbage for sale, 5% off.
this makes so much sense but it makes me so uncomfortable
i wish i hadn’t seen this
One time my bf was telling me about people who argue about intelligent creation by saying “the earth is perfectly round!” And I said “but it isn’t!” And he was so proud of me
okay so im just learning this
yet another unrealistic expectation for planets
This is a bunch of nonsense. Some of y'all need to get the fuck off this website and learn how to brain. I swear to god Tumblr is like the young person equivalent of grandparents using email. I wish I could beat the shit out of your fucking faces with a goddamn science book.
I guess I’m lucky to have at least one co-worker who can provide me with the red-faced ugly-crying laughter that I deserve when I refer to another co-worker as “that fucking can of Alpo.” I’m underappreciated.
Please spread this. While it wasn’t the best place to make this reference, he wasn’t trying to be an asshole.
okay, explaining the joke doesn’t make it okay. especially when the joke is punchline about a man dressing in feminine clothing on a tv show and comparing it to a woman transitioning and coming out to the world. it’s tasteless and ignorant. you know what makes it okay?
drake apologized. he clearly states he was in the wrong and that he doesn’t mean any harm to the trans community. spread this instead because i certainly haven’t seen this on tumblr yet.
There’s a reason i haven’t seen his apology until this post. Tumblr is full of hate filled whiny brats
I do not care about any of this - reblogging for that last comment though.
THESE HERE ARE CALLED SCOOBYWUFFERS AND THEY ARE THE BEST THING EVER MADE. NEVER HEARD OF THEM? THATS BECAUSE THEY ONLY EXIST IN BRITAIN. THEY COME IN TWO FLAVOURS AND THEY’RE MY FAVOURITE FOOD EVER. SOMETIMES I GO DOWN BY THE HARBOUR AND EAT THEM AFTER A HARD DAY OF LABOUR. THEY COME IN ALL KINDS OF COLOURS AND THERE’S A HOLE IN THE CENTRE OF THEM. BET YOU AMERICANS ARE PRETTY JEALOUS HUH
And I have been listening to a family consisting of a man, a woman, and 1-2 screaming children having their own little pool party for the last two hours. I called security of course, I just hope they’re still down there when the guards arrive (if they arrive) (update: nobody’s coming).
But honestly though? What kind of bullshit? I don’t care if your fucking kid is allergic to sunlight, warm air, and noisy crowds, you take that bitch to the pool during the daytime and tell it not to be such a fucking weenie or just throw it in the tub with a curling iron and tell it to have fun.
I’m seeing a whole lot of people saying this. Show up and vote, and let’s see who is capable of winning.
I love how they said we couldn’t put a black guy in office, now they think we can’t put an old white guy there. I know that a lot of you are new to Bernie Sanders, but he has been at this for a very long time. If he isn’t the next president it will be because the people who shared his ideology were either too lazy to vote or voted for somebody more “electable.”
Tagged by jasmined. Here are six of my all time favorite albums in no particular order.
I keep all my music on my desktop computer which is sadly in the top of my closet due to my barely having room to walk in this place, but I’m gonna do my best with whatever I can pull up from my Spotify playlists and my Last.fm profile. My age is about to be severely clear.
1. Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie - Alanis Morissette. TBH, anything from Alanis between 1995 and 2005, but specifically this one. I can’t really say enough about how her music helped me out of my rage, and how much it taught me about relationships and control.
2. Mechanical Animals - Marilyn Manson. 1998 was a big year in music for me apparently. This whole album paints a picture of Americana in my head, and almost 20 years later it couldn’t be more relevant to me, and I still love this video and that’s why I’m posting it here. And I’m still a fan of all Manson’s stuff. He/they just put out an album, and it’s fantastic.
3. Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation 1814. Laaaaaawdy lawd when i was 8 years old I heard Miss Jackson was starting her own country and they were gonna let in white people, I couldn’t believe it. I just hoped it was still around by the time I was old enough to buy a plane ticket to take me out of that small East Texas town. I was a stupid little white boy.
4. Toni Braxton - Toni Braxton. This was the very first CD I ever had. I used to bury my face in my pillow and scream these songs (long before I ever learned to carry a tune). I was pretty sure I was going to marry Toni Braxton until I found out I had excellent credit. Zing!
5. Blackout - Britney Spears. It’s almost a perfect pop album, and the bald-headed bitch probably wasn’t even in the room for any of it. But it’s like… who cares? It’s Britney, bitch.
6. Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire Weekend. The first 183 times I heard Vampire Weekend, it was like there was an itch deep in my head that I couldn’t scratch, and I was confused, and disoriented, and I gave a fuck about an Oxford comma, and I was like WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BRAIN?! And then somehow I fell in love with them, and even though it’s weird and inexplicable, I can’t get enough. This is just a picture because you can’t link more than 5 videos per post.